This website can be accessed at https://1023quarters.com/ related mobi-sites and software applications (the “Website”) and is owned by Simas Corporation (Pty) Ltd T/A 1023 QUARTERS (“1023 QUARTERS”, “1023quarters.com”, “us”, “we” and “our”). Our online branding also refers to the website as “1023 QUARTERS”.
These Website Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) govern the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods, and the use of the Website.
These Terms and Conditions are binding and enforceable against every person that accesses or uses this Website (“you”, “your” or “user”), including without limitation each user who registers as contemplated below (“registered user”). By using the Website and by clicking on the “Register Now” “Subscribe Now” “Sign Up Now” “Order” “Buy” button and links on the Website, as may be applicable, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
The Website enables you to shop online for lingerie, accessories, related products and can include other items which may be offer for sale on the website from time to time (“Goods”).
1023 QUARTERS sells our own goods and services and also allows third party sellers to list and sell their Goods on the Website (each a “Third Party Seller”). 1023 QUARTERS will indicate on relevant product pages and checkout pages when Goods are for sale by a Third Party Seller. Certain terms in these Terms and Conditions only apply to purchases from Third Party Sellers, and others only apply to purchases from 1023 QUARTERS. This will be made clear in the relevant clause.
- Important Notice
These Terms and Conditions apply to users who are consumers for purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (the “CPA”).
These Terms and Conditions contain provisions that appear in similar text and style to this clause and which –
– may limit the risk or liability of 1023 QUARTERS or a third party; and/or
– may create risk or liability for the user; and/or
– may compel the user to indemnify 1023 QUARTERS or a third party; and/or
– serves as an acknowledgement, by the user, of a fact.
Your attention is drawn to these Terms and Conditions because they are important and should be carefully noted.
If there is any provision in these Terms and Conditions that you do not understand, it is your responsibility to ask 1023 QUARTERS to explain it to you before you accept the Terms and Conditions or continue using the Website.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any right or obligation, as the case may be, created for either you or 1023 QUARTERS in terms of the CPA.
1023 QUARTERS permits the use of this Website subject to the Terms and Conditions. By using this Website in any way, you shall be deemed to have accepted all the Terms and Conditions unconditionally. You must not use this Website if you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Returns & Refunds
The Returns Policy is incorporated by reference (which means that it forms part of these Terms and Conditions).
Returns, Exchange and Refunds are subject to the following conditions:
– A customer may choose to exchange an item for a different size within 10 days of purchase. The cost of courier services to return the item to 1023 QUARTERS and for us to re-ship to the customer, will be for the customer’s expense.
– We will not refund any goods. In certain cases only if a product has a factory fault and is defective due to a technical issue, the product may be returned for replacement if you return them within 10 days of purchase. You will need to provide your original invoice, so please keep this in a safe place. No goods will be replaced after 10 days.
– The products must still be in their original condition and packaging and you may not have used them at all.
– The return is done so at the expense of the customer, who will cover all courier fees involved.
– For an exchange, the client is liable for the courier fee for both the return and re-sending of the new replacement item.
– The products are re-parceled in a suitable cardboard box and sealed properly for the return journey. Please remember to put a copy of your invoice in the box.
– Note that no shipping fees are refundable or will form part of any voucher which may be issued to a customer.
Are any goods excluded from the 10 day refund or exchange policy?
Yes, due to certain applicable legislation or for reasons of cost efficiency. The goods we exclude from the 10 day return and exchange policy are:
– Goods which have been ordered through special arrangement or custom order and which is not a normal stock item may only be returned if defective.
– Goods which are sold as damaged, defective, used or repaired, where we disclosed these facts to you before you bought the goods.
– No subscription payments are refundable.
What if the goods are unsuitable for the purpose I initially bought them for?
– If you indicated a particular purpose for which you intend using the goods to a sales person who confirmed that you will be able to use the goods for that purpose, you may return the goods within 10 working days after you purchased them if it turns out that the goods are not suitable for the purpose you anticipated and indicated to the sales person.
– Subject to our rights in law to charge you for use and to get the goods fit for re-stocking, we will give you a refund.
What can I do if the goods are defective?
– If your goods turn out to be defective within the first 3 months after you received them from us, we will repair them, replace them or give you a refund. Please note that it may not be possible to determine in-store whether goods have been damaged or what the cause of a failure or defect may be. This is of importance as it determines whether the goods may be repaired, replaced or refunded. Accordingly, we reserve the right to refer returned goods for technical assessment by the manufacturer or authorized service centre prior to repairing, replacing or refunding and to provide you with feedback within 10 days of receipt of the returned goods and to act accordingly.
– If your goods show a defect after the initial 3 month period, but still within the manufacturer’s warranty period, 1023 QUARTERS will send the goods to the manufacturer for repair and the manufacturer will decide whether you have a valid claim and if so, whether they will repair or replace.
– If the goods become defective once the manufacturer’s warranty has expired, we can arrange with the manufacturer or its agents to repair them. No repairs will be done without you approving a quotation first.
Are there any conditions that apply to manufacturer’s warranties?
– As with all warranties, certain conditions and exceptions apply. Please take proper note of any terms or instructions that accompany your goods.
– Defects that develop after 6 months may be repaired, replaced or refunded at the manufacturer’s election, and subject to the relevant manufacturer’s policy or extended warranty.
In what instances may the manufacturer’s warranty not apply?
The manufacturer’s warranty will only apply to defects in the process of manufacturing the goods and will not apply in the following instances:
– damage caused by lightning or power surges.
– damage caused by misuse or abuse of the goods.
– goods used for a purpose other than the purpose for which they were manufactured.
– goods used contrary to their instruction manuals.
– accidental damage.
How will I be refunded?
Once we have accepted a return and approved a refund, you will receive the refund in the following way:
– 1023 QUARTERS Voucher.
– There are no cash refunds.
There are no refunds for the following:
– 1023 QUARTERS Subscriptions.
– Any consumable product.
– Lingerie, pantyhose.
Can 1023 QUARTERS assist me with out of warranty repairs?
– Please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
For internet orders, in order to request a return, this needs to be done within the 10 business day period. The following steps need to take place:
– Please send an e-mail to email@example.com requesting the return or exchange. We will then confirm with you if we can arrange the collection.
– We will then arrange that our courier, collects the parcel from you. Collections requested after 11AM will be arranged for the next business day (Mon – Fri).
– Once the parcel has been received and inspected, we’ll contact you immediately to verify that we have received the parcel. We will then go ahead with the refund or exchange.
– For exchanges, we’ll notify you the moment the product/s have been dispatched and provide you with the tracking information.
– Our addresses for the returns are: 1023 QUARTERS DISTRIBUTION CENTRE, 74 George Avenue, Greenleaf Centre, Sandringham, Johannesburg, 2192, South Africa.
- Registration and use of the website
Only registered users may order Goods and use services on the Website.
To register as a user, you must provide a unique username and password and provide certain information and personal details to 1023 QUARTERS. You will need to use your unique username and password to access the Website in order to purchase Goods and services.
You agree and warrant that your username and password shall:
– be used for personal use only; and
– not be disclosed by you to any third party.
– For security purposes you agree to enter the correct username and password whenever ordering Goods and services, failing which you will be denied access.
– You agree that, once the correct username and password relating to your account have been entered, irrespective of whether the use of the username and password is unauthorized or fraudulent, you will be liable for payment of such order, save where the order is cancelled by you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
– You agree to notify 1023 QUARTERS immediately upon becoming aware of or reasonably suspecting any unauthorized access to or use of your username and password and to take steps to mitigate any resultant loss or harm.
– By using the Website you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal capacity. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) or if you are not legally permitted to enter into a binding agreement, then you may use the Website only with the involvement and supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If your parent or legal guardian supervises you and gives his/her consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to be liable and responsible for you and all your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
– You agree that you will not in any way use any device, software or other instrument to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website. In addition, you agree that you will not in any way use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, copy, distribute or modify the Website or the information contained herein, without the prior written consent from an authorized 1023 QUARTERS representative (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search websites to direct Internet users to this Website).
– You may not use the Website to distribute material which is defamatory, offensive, contains or amounts to hate speech or is otherwise unlawful.
– You may not in any way display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the Website and/or the information contained therein without the express prior written consent of an authorized 1023 QUARTERS representative.
- Conclusion of sales and availability of stock
– Registered users may place orders for Goods and services, which 1023 QUARTERS or the Third Party Seller may accept or reject. Whether or not 1023 QUARTERS or the Third Party Seller accepts an order depends on the availability of Goods, correctness of the information relating to the Goods (including without limitation of the price) and receipt of payment or payment authorization by 1023 QUARTERS for the Goods.
– NOTE: 1023 QUARTERS or the Third Party Seller will indicate the acceptance of your order by delivering the Goods to you or allowing you to collect them, and only at that point will an agreement of sale between you and 1023 QUARTERS or the Third Party Seller come into effect (the “Sale”).This is regardless of any communication from 1023 QUARTERS stating that your order or payment has been confirmed. 1023 QUARTERS will indicate the rejection of your order (by 1023 QUARTERS itself or the Third Party Seller) by cancelling it and, as soon as possible thereafter, refunding you for any amount already paid.
– Prior to delivery or your collection of the Goods, you may cancel an order at any time provided you do so before receiving a dispatch or delivery notice. After delivery or your collection of the Goods, you may return the Goods only in accordance with the Returns Policy.
– Placing Goods in a wish list or shopping basket without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an order for such Goods, and as such, Goods may be removed from the shopping basket if stock is no longer available or the price thereof might change without notice to you. You cannot hold 1023 QUARTERS or the Third Party Seller liable if such Goods are not available or are not available at the particular price when you complete or attempt to complete the purchase cycle at a later stage.
– You acknowledge that stock of all Goods on offer is limited and that pricing may change at any time without notice to you. In the case of Goods for sale by 1023 QUARTERS, 1023 QUARTERS will take all reasonable efforts to monitor stock levels and ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued on the Website. However, we cannot guarantee the availability of stock. When Goods are no longer available after you have placed an order, 1023 QUARTERS will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of any amount already paid by you for such Goods.
– In the case of Goods for sale by a Third Party Seller, 1023 QUARTERS relies on inventory information supplied by the relevant Third Party Seller and 1023 QUARTERS accordingly bears no liability for any inaccuracies in the information supplied to it. Consequently, should you order any Goods from a Third Party Seller which are in fact sold-out, any resulting dispute should be resolved between you and the relevant Third Party Seller, your respective rights and obligations being as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
– Certain Goods may not be purchased for re-sale. Should we suspect that any such Goods are being purchased for sale, we are entitled to cancel your order immediately on notice to you.
We are committed to providing secure online payment facilities. All transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology.
Whether the Goods and services are for sale by 1023 QUARTERS or a Third Party Seller, payment can be made for Goods via subject to availability of the payment method at the time of purchase –
– debit card;
– credit card: where payment is made by credit card, we may require additional information in order to authorize and/or verify the validity of payment. In such cases we are entitled to withhold delivery until such time as the additional information is received by us and authorization is obtained by us for the amounts. If we do not receive authorization your order for the Goods will be cancelled. You warrant that you are fully authorized to use the credit card supplied for purposes of paying the Goods. You also warrant that your credit card has sufficient available funds to cover all the costs incurred as a result of the services used on the Website;
– direct bank deposit or electronic funds transfer: if you pay via direct bank deposit or electronic funds transfer, payment must be made within 5 (five) days of placing your order. 1023 QUARTERS will not accept your order if payment has not been received;
– Instant EFT.
– 1023 QUARTERSVouchers.
You may contact us via our Contact Page or Support Page to obtain a full record of your payment. We will also send you email communications about your order and payment.
Once you have selected your payment method (save for cash on delivery or direct bank deposit), you will be directed to a link to a secure site for payment of the applicable purchase price for the Goods.
- Delivery of goods
– 1023 QUARTERS offers 1 (one) method of delivery of Goods to you. You may elect delivery via: courier.
– Our delivery charges are subject to change at any time, without prior notice to you. You will see the applicable delivery charges in your cart when you check out.
– Where it accepts your order, 1023 QUARTERS or the Third Party Seller will deliver the Goods to you as soon as reasonably possible, but no later than 30 (thirty) days of receipt of your payment (“Delivery Period”). We will notify you if we are unable to deliver the Goods during the Delivery Period. You may then, within 7 (seven) days of receiving such notification elect whether or not to cancel your order for the Goods. If you elect to cancel your order, we will reimburse you for the purchase price.
– 1023 QUARTERS’s obligation to deliver a product to you is fulfilled when we deliver the product to the physical address nominated by you for delivery of the order. 1023 QUARTERS is not responsible for any loss or unauthorized use of a product, after it has delivered the product to the physical address nominated by you.
– We shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of Goods on the Website. However, should there be any errors of whatsoever nature on the Website (which are not due to our gross negligence), we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, save – in the case of any incorrect purchase price – to the extent of refunding you for any amount already paid, or otherwise as set out in the Returns Policy.
– 1023 QUARTERS shall not be bound by any incorrect information regarding our products displayed on any third party websites.
- Gift Vouchers & Coupons
– 1023 QUARTERS may from time to time make physical or electronic gift vouchers (“Gift Vouchers”) and promotional coupons or discounts (“Coupons”) available for use on the Website towards the purchase of 1023 QUARTERS Goods. Gift Vouchers and Coupons can only be redeemed while they are valid and their expiry dates cannot be extended. More specifically:
– Gift Vouchers that are purchased by registered users are valid for 12 months after Sale. Gift Vouchers that 1023 QUARTERS gives away for free are valid for the period stated thereon. In each case, if your Voucher has not been used within that period, it will expire.
– Gift Vouchers cannot be used to buy other Gift Vouchers or Coupons. They do not accrue interest and are not refundable for cash once purchased. If your Gift Voucher value is insufficient for the order you wish to place, you may make up the difference by paying via one of our other payment methods.
– 1023 QUARTERS is not responsible for any harm due to the loss, unauthorized use or unauthorized distribution of a Gift Voucher, after it has delivered the Gift Voucher to you or the email address nominated by you.
– There are two types of Coupons; a Coupon with a fixed amount of a discount, e.g. R100 off (“Fixed Coupon“), and a Coupon with a percentage discount, e.g. 10% off (“Percentage Coupon“).
– Coupons are issued in 1023 QUARTERS’s sole discretion and we are entitled at any time to correct, cancel or reject a Coupon for any reason (including without limitation where a Coupon has been distributed in an unauthorized manner). Users do not have a right to Coupons, and Coupons cannot be earned. Coupons are issued under specific terms and conditions regulating when and how they may be used.
As a general rule, and unless specified otherwise on the specific Coupon itself:
– each Coupon can only be used once;
– only one Coupon can be used per order;
– only one Coupon can be used on the Website per person per promotion/campaign;
– Percentage Coupons may only be redeemed on purchases with a total cart value of less than R5000;
– where a Percentage Coupon has been used and you wish to cancel any items in the order prior to making payment, the entire order must be cancelled. You will be issued with a new Percentage Coupon and will need to place the order again, without the item that you wished to cancel;
– a Coupon must be used at check-out – it cannot be used later on existing orders; and
– the value of the Coupon will be set off against the value of your shopping basket and the balance remaining, if any, will be payable by you.
– Coupons cannot be used to buy Gift Vouchers or other Coupons, and cannot be exchanged or refunded for cash or credit. 1023 QUARTERS is not responsible for any harm due to the loss, unauthorized use or distribution of a Coupon.
– If for any reason a Coupon does not reflect on the final amount due from you at check-out, you can contact us on our Contact Page to confirm if the Coupon is still valid. If 1023 QUARTERS confirms that the Coupon is still valid and you have already placed your order, you can choose whether to cancel the order and place it again with the Coupon, or you can use the Coupon on your next order within the limitations of the specific Coupon’s terms and conditions.
– You may be required to submit the original communication containing the Coupon code, and any other information reasonably requested by 1023 QUARTERS, before you are able to use a Coupon.
- Deals and other discounted Goods
– Daily Deals (“Deals”) will be available daily from 7am – 23:59pm on week days and from 9am – 23:59pm on weekends. Deals will expire no later than one minute to midnight each day. However, Deals have a stock limit and may expire earlier if stock runs out.
– Deal quantities are limited and as such, after a Deal is sold out, those particular Goods may be available on the Website at their normal selling prices (but no longer as a Deal).
– We do not guarantee a specific saving. The extent of the Deal or discount is at the sole discretion of 1023 QUARTERS.
– Only one of each Deal may be purchased per customer.
– Adding a Deal to your cart, or completing your order for a Deal without paying for it, does not reserve the item for you. 1023 QUARTERS must receive payment from you within 1 day of you placing your order for a Deal, otherwise we will cancel your order.
– 1023 QUARTERS will reserve stock for customers in the order in which it receives payment. Therefore if you pay via EFT, you might not get your item because 1023 QUARTERS may only receive payment from you a few days later, and in the meantime the Deal might sell out to customers paying immediately.
– The List Price shown in respect of Deals and other discounted Goods is the recommended retail price suggested to us by the supplier of the relevant product. Where the supplier has not provided a recommended retail price, an estimate may be provided. Where a product is offered for sale by a Third Party Seller, the List Price may be provided by the Third Party Seller.
– By purchasing any Deal, you are also automatically opting in for our Daily Deals daily newsletter as well as our general newsletter (you may opt-out of these newsletters at any time). Opting out of these newsletters after purchase will not affect the value of the Goods purchased.
– We may from time to time offer bundle deals for sale under the Bundle Deals tab on the Website (“Bundle Deals“). Each Bundle Deal will consist of two or more products that either we or you (as provided on the Website) have combined together in a single bundle.
– Any saving or discount resulting from purchasing a Bundle Deal instead of its component products separately may be applied to any of the component products individually in our sole discretion. The actual purchase price (after applying and applicable saving or discount) of each component product will be communicated to you upon checkout and reflected in your order history.
– A Bundle Deal should be distinguished from a pre-packed bundle compiled by our supplier and supplied to us as a single unit (“Pre-packed Bundles“). Any saving or discount in respect of a Pre-packed Bundle will be applied only to the total bundle price and not to the prices of the individual component products.
– We respect your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
– Should you decide to register as a user on the Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to –
– your name and surname;
– your email address;
– your physical address;
– your gender;
– your mobile number; and
– your date of birth.
– Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
– You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
– Subject to clause the applicable clauses herein, we will not, without your express consent:
– use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
– in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods;
– to contact you regarding current or new Goods or services or any other goods offered by us or any of our divisions and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
– to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our divisions and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us); and
– to improve our product selection and your experience on our Website by, for example, monitoring your browsing habits, or tracking your sales on the Website; or
– disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
– to our employees and/or third party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other method, for the ordering of Goods or when delivering Goods to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
– to our divisions and/or partners (including their employees and/or third party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with you via email or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new goods or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
– to law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of these Terms and Conditions;
– to our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, technology services etc). However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
-to our suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with you regarding any faulty Goods you have purchased which requires their involvement; and
– to any Third Party Seller for purposes of sending you an invoice for any Goods purchased from such Third Party Seller, which disclosed information will be limited to your email address.
– We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent online payment, 1023 QUARTERS is entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
– We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information.
– Ratings and Reviews: When you provide a rating or review of a Product, you consent to us using that rating or review as we deem fit, including without limitation on the Website, in newsletters or other marketing material. The name that will appear next to that rating or review is your First Name, as you would have provided upon registration. If you do not agree to this, please do not put any ratings or reviews on the Website. We will not display your Last Name, nor any of your contact details, with a rating or review.
We will –
– treat your personal information as strictly confidential, save where we are entitled to share it as set out in this policy;
– take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorized or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
– provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
– promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorized use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
– provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request; and
– upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control, save for that which we are legally obliged to retain.
– We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
– 1023 QUARTERS undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in this policy.
– Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorized or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
- Changes to these Terms and Conditions
– 1023 QUARTERS may, in its sole discretion, change any of these Terms and Conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to regularly check these Terms and Conditions and make sure that you are satisfied with the changes. Should you not be satisfied, you must not place any further orders on, or in any other way use, the Website.
– Any such change will only apply to your use of this Website after the change is displayed on the Website. If you use the Website after such amended Terms and Conditions have been displayed on the Website, you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
- Electronic communications
- Ownership and copyright
– The contents of the Website, including any material, information, data, software, icons, text, graphics, lay-outs, images, sound clips, advertisements, video clips, trade names, logos, trade-marks, designs and service marks which are displayed on or incorporated in this Website (“Website Content”) are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trade mark law. The Website Content is the property of 1023 QUARTERS, its advertisers and/or sponsors and/or is licensed to 1023 QUARTERS.
– You will not acquire any right, title or interest in or to the Website or the Website Content.
– Any use, distribution or reproduction of the Website Content is prohibited unless expressly authorized in terms of these Terms and Conditions or otherwise provided for in law. To obtain permissions for the commercial use of any Website Content contact us via our Contact Page.
– Where any of the Website Content has been licensed to 1023 QUARTERS or belongs to any third party, your rights of use will also be subject to any terms and conditions which that licencor or third party imposes from time to time and you agree to comply with such third party terms and conditions.
– The use of the Website is entirely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility for any risk or loss resulting from use of the Website or reliance on any information on the Website.
– Whilst 1023 QUARTERS takes reasonable measures to ensure that the content of the Website is accurate and complete, 1023 QUARTERS makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, as to the quality, timeliness, operation, integrity, availability or functionality of the Website or as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information on the Website. If any such representations or warranties are made by 1023 QUARTERS’s representatives, 1023 QUARTERS shall not be bound thereby.
– 1023 QUARTERS disclaims liability for any damage, loss or expenses, whether direct, indirect or consequential in nature, arising out of or in connection with your access to or use of the Website and/or any content therein unless otherwise provided by law.
– Although Goods sold from the Website may, under certain specifically defined circumstances, be under warranty, the Website itself and all information provided on the Website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, completeness, or non-infringement, as may be allowed in law.
– Any views or statements made or expressed on the Website are not necessarily the views of 1023 QUARTERS, its directors, employees and/or agents.
– In addition to the disclaimers contained elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, 1023 QUARTERS also makes no warranty or representation, whether express or implied, that the information or files available on the Website are free of viruses, spyware, malware, Trojans, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, destroy, compromise, disrupt, disable, harm, jeopardize or otherwise impede in any manner the operation, stability, security functionality or content of your computer system, computer network, hardware or software in any way. You accept all risk associated with the existence of such viruses, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, compromise, jeopardize, disrupt, disable, harm or otherwise impede in any manner the operation or content of a computer system, computer network, any handset or mobile device, or your hardware or software, save where such risks arise due to the gross negligence or willful misconduct of 1023 QUARTERS, its employees, agents or authorized representatives. 1023 QUARTERS thus disclaims all liability for any damage, loss or liability of any nature whatsoever arising out of or in in connection with your access to or use of the Website.
– All products purchased on the Website are used by you at your own risk and1023 QUARTERS accepts no liability or responsibility for loss, injury, damage or any other condition which may directly or indirectly result from the use of the items purchased on the Website. Please do not use any of the items purchased from the Website if you are not familiar with their use or if you are not familiar with the consequences of their use.
- Linking to third party websites
– This Website may contain links or references to other websites (“Third Party Websites”) which are outside of our control, including those of advertisers. These Terms and Conditions do not apply to those Third Party Websites and 1023 QUARTERS is not responsible for the practices and/or privacy policies of those Third Party Websites or the “cookies” that those sites may use.
– Notwithstanding the fact that the Website may refer to or provide links to Third Party Websites, your use of such Third Party Websites is entirely at your own risk and we are not responsible for any loss, expense, claim or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising from your use of such Third Party Websites or your reliance on any information contained thereon.
- Limitation of liability
– 1023 QUARTERS cannot be held liable for any inaccurate information published on the Website and/or any incorrect prices displayed on the Website, save where such liability arises from the gross negligence or willful misconduct of 1023 QUARTERS, its employees, agents or authorized representatives. You are encouraged to contact us to report any possible malfunctions or errors by way of our Contact Page
– 1023 QUARTERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGES WHICH MIGHT ARISE FROM YOUR USE OF, OR RELIANCE UPON, THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT CONTAINED IN THE WEBSITE; OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, AND/OR UNLAWFUL ACTIVITY ON THE WEBSITE AND/OR ANY LINKED THIRD PARTY WEBSITE.
– YOU HEREBY INDEMNIFY 1023 QUARTERS AGAINST ANY LOSS, CLAIM OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY BE SUFFERED BY YOURSELF OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND/OR ANY LINKED THIRD PARTY WEBSITE.
- Availability and termination
– We will use reasonable endeavours to maintain the availability of the Website, except during scheduled maintenance periods, and are entitled to discontinue providing the Website or any part thereof with or without notice to you.
– 1023 QUARTERS may in its sole discretion terminate, suspend and modify this Website, with or without notice to you. You agree that 1023 QUARTERS will not be liable to you in the event that it chooses to suspend, modify or terminate this Website other than for processing any orders made by you prior to such time, to the extent possible.
– If you fail to comply with your obligations under these Terms and Conditions, including any incident involving payment of the price of an order for any Goods, this may (in our sole discretion with or without notice to you) lead to a suspension and/or termination of your access to the Website without any prejudice to any claims for damages or otherwise that we may have against you.
– 1023 QUARTERS is entitled, for purposes of preventing suspected fraud and/or where it suspects that you are abusing the Website and/or have created multiple user profiles to take advantage of a promotion or Coupon intended by 1023 QUARTERS to be used once-off by you, to blacklist you on its database (including suspending or terminating your access to the Website), refuse to accept or process payment on any order, and/or to cancel any order concluded between you and 1023 QUARTERS, in whole or in part, on notice to you. 1023 QUARTERS shall only be liable to refund monies already paid by you (see 1023 QUARTERS’s Returns Policy in this regard), and accepts no other liability which may arise as a result of such blacklisting and/or refusal to process any order.
– At any time, you can choose to stop using the Website, with or without notice to 1023 QUARTERS.
- Governing law and jurisdiction
– These Terms and Conditions and our relationship and/or any dispute arising from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Your continued use of the Website will constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the South African courts regarding all proceedings, transactions, applications or the like instituted by either party against the other, arising from any of these Terms and Conditions.
– In the event of any dispute arising between you and 1023 QUARTERS, you hereby consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of the Republic of South Africa (Johannesburg) notwithstanding that the quantum in the action or proceedings may otherwise fall below the monetary jurisdiction of that court.
– Nothing in this clause or the Terms and Conditions limits your right to approach any court, tribunal or forum of competent jurisdiction in terms of the CPA.
– 1023 QUARTERS hereby selects 1023 QUARTERS, 74 George Ave, Sandringham, 2192, Gauteng, South Africa, as its address for the service of all formal notices and legal processes in connection with these Terms and Conditions (“legal address”). 1023 QUARTERS may change this address from time to time by updating these Terms and Conditions.
– You hereby select the delivery address specified with your order as your legal address, but you may change it to any other physical address by giving 1023 QUARTERS not less than 7 days’ notice in writing.
– Notices must be sent either by hand, prepaid registered post or email and must be in English. All notices sent –
– by hand will be deemed to have been received on the date of delivery;
– by prepaid registered post, will be deemed to have been received 10 days after the date of posting; and
– by email will be deemed to have been on the date indicated in the “Read Receipt” notification.
– ALL EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN YOU AND US MUST MAKE USE OF THE “READ RECEIPT” FUNCTION to serve as proof that an email has been received.
– We are a participant under the Consumer Goods and Services Industry Code and are bound by it. An electronic copy of this Code is available at http://www.cgso.org.za/downloads/. If you have a complaint about the goods or services provided by us or require information regarding our internal complaints-handling process, please get in touch with us via our Contact Page.
– If we don’t resolve your complaint within 15 (fifteen) business days of you having notified us of it, you are entitled to approach the Consumer Goods and Services Ombud (“CGSO”), to assist in resolving the dispute. The CGSO’s contact details are: Website: http://www.cgso.org.za/ Sharecall: 0860 000 272 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– For the purposes of the ECT Act, 1023 QUARTERS’s information is as follows, which should be read in conjunction with its product descriptions and other terms and conditions contained on the Website: https://1023quarters.com/ Full name: Simas Corporation (Pty) Ltd T/A 1023 QUARTERS, a private company registered in South Africa with registration number 2019/162925/07
– Main business: Online Merchant / E-Commerce
– Physical address for receipt of legal service (also postal and street address): Simas Corporation (Pty) Ltd T/A 1023 QUARTERS, 74 George Ave, Sandringham, 2192, Gauteng, South Africa (marked for attention: CEO and Legal).
– Contact Person: Manager
– Phone number: +27 79 864 7748
– Email address: email@example.com
– 1023 QUARTERS may, in its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason and without prior written notice, suspend or terminate the operation of the Website or the user’s right to use the Website or any of its contents subject to us processing any orders then already made by you.
– You may not cede, assign or otherwise transfer your rights and obligations in terms of these Terms and Conditions to any third party.
– Any failure on the part of you or 1023 QUARTERS to enforce any right in terms hereof shall not constitute a waiver of that right.
– If any term or condition contained herein is declared invalid, the remaining terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
– No variation, addition, deletion, or agreed cancellation of the Terms and Conditions will be of any force or effect unless in writing and accepted by or on behalf of the parties hereto.
– No indulgence, extension of time, relaxation or latitude which any party (the “grantor”) may show grant or allow to the other (the “grantee”) shall constitute a waiver by the grantor of any of the grantor’s rights and the grantor shall not thereby be prejudiced or stopped from exercising any of its rights against the grantee which may have arisen in the past or which might arise in the future.
– These Terms and Conditions contain the whole agreement between you and 1023 QUARTERS and no other warranty or undertaking is valid, unless contained in this document between the parties.